Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Blog Post 13

I have to create an assignment in my area of specialty. Since, I am majoring in Elementary Education I will be covering all topics. My favorite subject to teach would be Math.

Topic: How does iPad help with teaching Math?

I feel it is important for all schools to start using technology from kindergarten and up. Demo of Complete Grade 4 (Math, English, Science) on iPad, this is a great video to show how Kindergarten students can learn by using technology.

The assignment: Choose three different iPad apps that would be a great learning tool for Math.

The first app I chose was Splash Math. Splash Math has any Elementary grade level for your child. It is fun and engaging, and it sends you a weekly progress report on how the child is doing. It automatically is linked to the Common Core Standard. So now you know your child is doing their level of Math.
math

The second app I chose was Einstein Math Academy.This is where a monkey that looks like Einstein who leads with other monkeys. If you get the answer correct you will be rewarded with gold or silver pieces. They will be added to your overall score. This has four different modes, and if you do not know how to add or subtract they can just learn what they look like.

The third app I chose was Marble Math Junior. This math app you have to navigate through a maze, with three difficult levels. This app lets you customize the games, on what the child needs the most help with.
math

1 comment: