Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Blog Post 7

      I really enjoyed searching for new sites and tools for my future teachings! It seemed hard at first but you can find anything on the internet. I just searched education sites and tools and so many popped up. The first website I found the most intriguing is Blendspace! You create a class and in that class you make lesson plans. Then give your students the code to register in that class. This is really great especially since mostly everything is online. This site will help them learn how to use a computer and how to communicate online. The students can take quizzes, view lessons, and do group projects. I think this is a very creative website for students and teachers.
blenspace
  The second site I found interesting is Storybird. This is great for kids to use their imagination. It is a very creative way to create stories. The vivid art and amazing features keeps you enthused. Also, knowing someone else can read your work keeps the kids inspired. You can leave feedback and they can give you feedback to. This is a great example by a 5-7 year old "Let's Create a World"
storybird
   The third site I found interesting is Edutopia. This site is great for all teacher and for any grade. Edutopia has so many articles about Project Based Learning and so many other articles you can view. You can also join in on any conversation. This site is a great way to get some ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Erica, this is a good post. My only problem is that you did not choose three tools as it ask in the assignment. You only explained two tools. I think the two you choose were very interesting you just have to add that last one and give a review on it. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erica! Storybird sounds like a wonderful website for kids. I know I definitely would have loved something like that when I was younger. Great post!

    ReplyDelete