Thursday, June 5, 2014

Blog Post 5

pln

     Personal Learning Network (PLN) are tools that are set up to help find people who you could consult with and get ideas from. As teachers we do not know everything nor are we required too. There is always something new to learn and PLN is there for us to keep up with the latest technology so we can improve our classroom.
    Forming PLN's help us communicate world-wide. Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, and so many other networks that help us communicate. Technology has no limit on what you can learn, in fact; you can meet thousands of people everyday. By having a PLN gives you all sorts of ways to get ideas and so many things to learn!
    I hope to become an Kindergarten teacher, so I searched on twitter kindergarten teachers and I found so many results! My PLN consist of @LMKindergarten@KinderLessons@drjohnhadley Dr. Strange, and @PaigeVitulli Dr. Vitulli. I know it is not a lot of people but I will add on as I move on in life. I chose these four because Mrs. Vitulli has been a great and enthusiastic teacher that makes me realize how many teachers need to be like her! Dr. Strange is wonderful at teaching us so many different ways technology is being used and how it can be used in school's. The other sources were ideas on lesson planning for a Kindergarten classroom! I am very ecstatic to be adding more to my PLN.



2 comments:

  1. PLNs are fabulous sources that we future educators need/should take advantage of and establish relationships with instructors who work in other facilities. Another venue I would suggest researching (if you don't already have an account with) is Pinterest. I have found numerous links and ideas that will benefit my position as a music educator, just as I am sure you can find items to assist in early elementary. Your post was informative. There were a few issues with placement of commas so just keep an eye out for that. I could tell that you are very enthusiastic about your future job-love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLNs are a great resource. You can also had teacher's blogs to your list of resources. C4T blogs are a great place to start.

    ReplyDelete