Thursday, May 29, 2014

Blog Post 2

Mr. Dancealot

In Mr. Dancealot video, it appears he is teaching a dance class but without physically learning. As you get farther along you realize it was staged. He was showing that if you do do not practice the skill physically then you will not be able to learn that skill. He made a case by not allowing the students to talk or leave their seat and by giving a final on dance. As a result, the students did not know how to dance. Yes, I agree with his conclusion because without being able to learn physically you are limiting what you are learning.

Teaching in the 21st Century

Robert believes Teaching in the 21st Century involves technology. Not just some technology but to teach you have to use technology for everything. I feel like it is quite sad how technology is taking over our life. Robert is correct everything has to be taught with technology. As me becoming an educator, now I must be able to use a computer and other things with skill. Instead of just learning the basics.

21st century skills



I have quite wondered myself why we need teachers now and days. Everything we teach a computer could do. The only thing a computer can't do is be able to actually be there in person. We all need to have some human contact. Like me I am a visual learner I like to see the teacher and be able to meet with the teacher in person.


Davis' video is trying to help us understand that we can still have communication with the teachers but also be technology advanced. I was quite surprised with this video because I actually agree with her. We still need teachers and also be technology advanced at the same time. 


I have never heard of this before today. I do not like this idea at all. As a future teacher I hope I will not have to use this approach in the classroom. I just do not see students going home after a long day of school and activities and then have to teach themselves another lesson.

3 comments:

  1. "I feel like it is quite sad how technology is taking over our life. " Sad? Why? What technologies are "taking over your life"? new medical techniques? New forms of transportation? New ways of communicating with others around the word - for free? New ways of finding information? New ways of presenting and sharing information? New ways of finding marriage partners? New ways of sharing ideas? What makes you "sad"?

    "Instead of just learning the basics." What do you mean by "the basics"?

    "we need teachers now and days." You do not need the words after teachers or after now.

    "I was quite surprised with this video because I actually agree with her." Why were you surprised?

    You do not believe in homework?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I have quite wondered myself why we need teachers now and days." ...now days.
    We still need teachers to teach students how to use the information they are presented with and that is at their finger tips. We need teachers to guide as students learn. Teachers have a different role now, but are still needed.

    Every blog post must have working links and alt and title modifiers for the images. Please add these things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "if you do do not practice"--You only need one "do" here.

    "Robert is correct everything has to be taught with technology."--This is a run-on sentence. One way to correct this sentence is as follows: "Robert is correct. Everything..."

    "As me becoming an educator,"--Reword this. One example of a better way to say this would be as follows: "Because I am becoming an educator,"

    "Instead of just learning the basics."--This is an incomplete sentence. You can tie it in with the previous sentence by putting a comma after "skill" and making the "i" in "instead" lowercase.

    "Like me I am a visual learner I like to see the teacher"--This is also a run-on sentence. One way to correct this would be as follows: "Take me, for example. I am a visual learner. I like to see the teacher..."

    "but also be technology advanced"--The correct term is "technologically advanced".

    "I have never heard of this before today. I do not like this idea at all. As a future teacher I hope I will not have to use this approach in the classroom." You'd be surprised how eager students can be to learn. You never know how effective this idea could be if you don't even try it. By having students watch a video the night before, the students will already have learned some of the material and be ready to ask questions and practice what they have learned.

    As Lindsey already said, you need to have working links for every blog post. For this assignment, you should provide links to the videos that you watched. Also, don't forget to add alt/title modifiers to your pictures.

    ReplyDelete